Lt Col Cedric N. Holley II commands the 43d Air Base Squadron at Pope Army Airfield, North Carolina. He serves as the lead Manpower and Personnel representative overseeing three flights, totaling over 200 personnel supporting over 5,000 Airmen, retirees, and dependents. Lt Col Holley oversees the United States Air Force military and family member's readiness, education, training and quality of life programs, and the personnel deployment functions for worldwide contingency operations. He directs operations for Pope's reliable and secure cyberspace capability, a 2.5 million gallon fuels requirements, 17 munition accounts, 73 thousand mobility assets worth $14.9 million, and the annual execution of $3.9 million O&M budget.
Lt Col Holley received his commission in 2004 from the Air Force ROTC program at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. He has served in a variety of base level assignments, including: Squadron Adjutant Officer, Squadron Section Commander, Military Personnel Flight Commander, and Chief, Support Requirements and Deputy Chief, Readiness and Plans at the MAJCOM level. Lt Col Holley has deployed once to Kabul, Afghanistan in support of Operation ENDURING FREEDOM.
2004 Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science, University of North Carolina at Greensboro.
2005 Air and Space Basic Course, Maxwell AFB, Alabama.
2012 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Alabama.
2018 Master of Science degree in Organizational Leadership, Argosy University.
2019 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence, Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama.
1. February 2005 - September 2006, Squadron Adjutant, 94th Fighter Squadron, Langley AFB, Virginia.
2. September 2006 - July 2007, Squadron Section Commander, 1st Logistics Readiness Squadron, Langley AFB, Virginia.
3. July 2007 - July 2009, Squadron Section Commander, 1st Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Langley AFB, Virginia.
4. July 2009 - June 2012, Section Commander, Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center, Kirtland AFB, New Mexico.
5. June 2012 - July 2014, Military Personnel Flight Commander, 647th Force Support Squadron, Joint Base Pearl-Harbor Hickam, Hawaii.
6. July 2014 - May 2015, Chief, Support Requirements, Headquarters Pacific Air Force, Joint Base Pearl-Harbor Hickam, Hawaii.
7. May 2015 - June 2016, Deputy Chief, Readiness Division, Headquarters Pacific Air Force, Joint Base Pearl-Harbor Hickam, Hawaii.
8. June 2016 - June 2017, Operations Officer, 8th Force Support Squadron, Kunsan AB, Republic of Korea.
9. June 2017 - June 2019, Chief, Transitions Operations Branch, Air Force Personnel Center, Joint Base San-Antonio Randolph, Texas.
10. June 19 - Present, Commander, 43d Air Base Squadron, Pope Army Air Field, North Carolina.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal
National Defense Medal
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Jan 16, 2005
First Lieutenant Jan 31, 2007
Captain Jan 31, 2009
Major Jun 1, 2015
Lieutenant Colonel Dec 1, 2019
(Current as of Dec 2019)